Thursday 1 December 2011

Dukan's Diet - Day 3 (Updated)

My breakfast today was a thick slice of my Meatloaf with Eggs with some Quark and 2 cups of coffee.
I have some shredded chicken fillet in the fridge so will have to find a nice recipe for it and that will be my lunch/dinner.

And now the promised cheesecake:




Dukan's Cheesecake

500g Low-fat Soft Ricotta Cheese (any cured cheese will do fine as long as its not salty and it's fat content is less then 5%)
2 Eggs
2-3 tbsp Oat Bran Extra Fine
3 tbsp Skimmed Powdered Milk
4-6 tbsp Sweetener (make sure it says on the sweetener that it's suitable for cooking otherwise it will loose it's sweetenes in the oven! I used 6 tbsp of the Silver Spoon Table Sweetener)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Preheat the Oven to 170°C/Gas Mark 3.
Separate the egg yolks from whites and mix the yolks with the rest of the ingredients until smooth. Whip the whites until stiff peaks form and carefully fold in to the mixture. Take a 8in/20cm round baking tin, spread some oil and sprinkle some oat bran (that should hopefully stop the Cheesecake from sticking to the tin). Pour the mixture in and put it in the oven for 30 mins. 
Please note the Cheesecake will rise up in the oven but as soon as you take it out it will collapse that's normal. It's because cured cheese is quite heavy and there is no flour in your mixture.


You can make some sauce with 0% yoghurt with some sweetener and a tiny bit of shreded coconut or sprinkle with some low fat cocoa powder or you can do both like I did :-)


Enjoy!





My lunch/dinner Jamaican Jerk Chicken

I was going to search for some sort of recipe for my shredded chicken online but then I would have to go to the shop and buy the ingredients and I really couldn't be bothered so instead I've decided to check the cupboards to see what spices I had and I found this Jamaican Jerk Spice Mix perfect for chicken!
And this is what I've cooked...


Shredded Jamaican Jerk Chicken


450 g Shredded Chicken
1 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Spice Mix
1 tbsp 0% Natural Yoghurt
Salt


Season the chicken with Jamaican Jerk spice mix and some salt according to taste, add a dollop of natural yoghurt and mix well. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for about 1 hour (the longer the better).
Stir fry in a non-stick pan or a wok until your chicken is cooked. 


It turned out delicious! I thought it will do me for lunch tomorrow but its nearly all gone! lol


Enjoy I know I did! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment